Complete, Concrete, Concise makes absolutely no attempt to collect any personal information about you or to track you. Should we happen to get some information about you, we have no interest in using it, selling it, or in any way divulging it. Period.
Complete, Concrete, Concise is interested in knowing how the site is being accessed and used – much in the same way a shopkeeper is interested in knowing how many visitors the shop has and which products (articles, in our case) are popular.
While Complete, Concrete, Concise makes no attempt to collect information about you, the reality is that, through the whole Internet connection chain, information is being collected. At the very least, your IP address must be known in order for a connection to be established.
Complete, Concrete, Concise uses various third-party software and services that may collect information about you. We may have access to some of that information. Complete, Concrete, Concise is aware of data collection by the following software and services we use:
- Our web host collects traffic information to Complete, Concrete, Concise. This includes IP address, the referrer, your browser agent, and a few other bits of information. This is pretty much the minimum needed to establish a connection from your computer to this website. We have access to this information. We have no reason to believe our web host attempts to track you via cookies or similar mechanisms.
- Complete, Concrete, Concise uses Google Analytics. We have access to the aggregate information Google Analytics collects. We are interested in information about keyword searches used to find this site and referral sites. Google Analytics tracks users via cookies, but does not store any personal information about you. If you are signed into a Google Account, Google may track additional information about you.
- Complete, Concrete, Concise uses an anti-spam plugin for WordPress. We do not believe it tracks users in any way. It does record IP addresses visiting the site. We have access to this information.
- Complete, Concrete, Concise uses a Content Delivery Network (CDN). We do not believe the CDN tracks users in any way. However, like all services on the Internet, at the very least, it must know your IP address. We have access to aggregate traffic volume data.
The Fine Print
While Complete, Concrete, Concise makes no effort to collect information about you, because of the software and services we use, some non-personal information is being tracked. This is true of any activity on the Internet.
If you enter an e-mail (for purpose of registering, leaving a comment, or following something), we treat it with great respect and safeguard it to make sure that it is only ever used for the purpose you gave it.
However, there are two cases where information may be given up:
- Complete, Concrete, Concise is hacked and information is taken. We hope this never happens and we make sure that the site software and services are up to date and as secure as possible.
- Complete, Concrete, Concise is served with a court order or other binding law enforcement request. We also hope this never happens.